American Airlines announced a new initiative today, in concert with the TSA, for customers with TSA PreCheck: American Airlines Mobile ID. It begins at DFW Airport, effective today, and will roll out to other airports throughout the year.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Airside Digital Identity App, available on iOS or Android
- Take a photo of your face
- Scan your driver’s license or passport
- Enter your AAdvantage number
- At TSA PreCheck security stations at DFW Airport (rolling out to others later this year), you can just use your Mobile ID to get through security, instead of needing your ID and boarding pass separately. They’ll scan your face and compare it to the photo in your profile
Love seeing the innovation here from American and can’t wait to try it out for myself!